Tintwistle Knarr

Tintwistle Knarr, Peak District Bouldering

Tintwistle Knarr is climbing esoterica. The approach is complex, there are no paths between the boulders and some of the landings are awkward. I was hoping to climb some problems on a boulder that was hidden in the woods. To my dismay, however, when I eventually located the boulder it had trees felled against it and was camouflaged with bracken. It was totally unclimable. I had to settle for climbing on some of the other boulders in the area.

I initially climbed Small Arete (V5), which has a powerful start and juggy finish (good footwork/smearing required). I then climbed Seam Wall (V5), which is a crimpy problem with an awkward top out (see below). 

Tintwistle Knarr, Peak District Bouldering

Tintwistle Knarr warrants a visit for any dedicated explorers. I will definitely go back there if I find out there is access to the hidden boulder in the woods.